The Family Reading Website: RodzinneCzytanie.pl
The Family Reading website, RodzinneCzytanie.pl, is an online information service created as an integral part of the “All of Poland Reads to Kids” campaign. The purpose of the site is to promote the idea of parents reading aloud to their children and to foster establishment of Reading Family Clubs as a new form of activity, cooperation and exchange.
The website and clubs are designed for families who are just discovering the advantages of reading aloud to children, as well as those who are already experiencing the pleasure and benefit of reading together as an established family tradition.
The goals of the website are:
- to promote knowledge of the positive impact of reading aloud on children’s overall intellectual and emotional development
- to build positive patterns for spending time with your child
- to provide broad access to a database of books recommended for reading aloud (with parents in mind), including classics as well as contemporary titles that have just recently been written and published
- to familiarize readers with criteria for selecting literature and guidelines to follow when reading aloud to children
- to serve as a place for sharing know-how among parents who are setting up or running Reading Family Clubs, or looking for a Reading Family Club nearby
- to provide a forum for lively discussion on books that users are reading, and best practice for encouraging children to read on their own
- to develop appealing proposals supporting the idea of family reading, such as courses, contests, gatherings and the like.